04 January 2011

ouch

at this morning's appointment i had some ipr done (where they shave the sides of your teeth to make a bit of space) and also got the final bottom bracket! my right ... bicuspid? whatever it is that was so far in is finally braced because there is enough room for it to move into position. however, because i have a slight crossbite, it can't just move straight out to where it is supposed to be, it has to go a bit down and then out and then up to get by the upper tooth (does that make sense?), so there there are some crazy loops in the wire, a much fancier version of the loop i have on the left to close my gap at the back (these loops - are they called turbos? i have turbos, whatever that means). (eta: i figured out what turbos really are a year later)

all of which is highly inarticulate, but that is because i am in pain. my sinuses are killing me. others on the metal mouth forum have had issues with sinus pressure too, and apparently a heating pad can help. here's hoping i can find something to use here at work... meantime i just called the office to change my next appointment from 9 o'clock in the morning to 4 o'clock in the afternoon. i'm hoping that will give me enough time to pick up my son and husband after school and work and get home before the pain hits hard - it seems to be 2 or 2 1/2 hours before the agony strikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment