21 December 2021

Crappy day

 Having one of those days. Pandemic is getting to me. And then a friend said to me, "you know what you need..."

Hot tip: never, ever say "you should" or "you need" unless you are ready and willing to procure that thing.

This was the worst when my kid was a baby, and childless single friends would say dumb stuff like, "you need to make time for yourself! Plan a spa day!" Oh, are you willing to pay for that spa day, and provide childcare? No? Well how is it supposed to happen then? You think it never occurred to me that a spa day would be lovely, and that's the only reason I haven't done it?

Honestly 90% of the time people know what they need, they just aren't able to get it. 

And reminding people that they aren't able to get things they really, really need is just rubbing salt in the wound.

Grr.

I think it is once again time to go full hermit mode. Interacting with people means either seeing happy families (grumble) or happy couples (grrrr) or people going out and about throwing caution to the wind (GRAAAAGH) or getting shouted at by neurotic judgy doomsayers (augh!) or self-righteous people who lack empathy saying "you have no right to complain because someone else is worse off" (seethe) none of which is what I need right now.

Even Instagram, formerly a haven of lovely loaves of bread and birdwatching posts, is now full of restaurants announcing closures, either out of caution, or because their staff members have already tested positive. I just can't handle the constant misery. Augh.

Anyway this blog might get busier as I try to divert myself away from other things. We'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment