19 December 2021

Looking back, looking ahead

Yesterday morning I stepped on the scale for the first time in a long time (the scale was literally dusty) and no surprise I'm at the heaviest I've been in a few years - 149lbs, BMI 24.8 - still healthy range, but at the very upper edge. More to the point, some of my clothing is uncomfortably snug, which I do not like.

So, I'm getting back on track. 

Since I've restarted this blog, I've started most mornings with 20 situps. Not a lot, but at least I'm getting the blood pumping early! Yesterday I picked up some calcium-free vitamin C to take with my iron, in addition to upping my intake of red meat. Last night I had swiss chard in addition to beef. I just need to get myself moving! I used to get up early to run, but it's so hard in the dark. Thankfully we're nearly at the solstice, so days will be getting longer again. Also, winter break is almost here, so no rush in the mornings.

I think to start, my goals will be: do something physical when I get up (i.e. keep doing situps but add more), and do something outside for at least an hour a day.

This is scary, but I took "before" pics Saturday morning, in hopes that some day there will be visible progress:


Ignore my messy hair and grumpy expression!

Meanwhile, here's Saturday's nutrition:




No comments:

Post a Comment