15 December 2021

Blarg

Not a great mood today. The haemotologist rejected the referral because my hemoglobin isn't low enough. Meanwhile I stumbled across this blog post I wrote back in 2018:

I just had a call from my regular doctor's office (they were cc'd on the bloodwork results, which I can only assume came back abnormal). The doctor said my red blood cells had been "increasing in size" over the years, and "nothing to worry about, we just want to rule out a few things," and determine whether they need to send me to a haematologist.

Guess what, I never got to see a haemotologist back then, either!

So basically my red blood cells have been getting weirder for 4+ years, I have low energy and shortness of breath, but no one is inclined to do anything about it until I get a whole lot worse? Meh. Current doc says to re-do bloodwork in 4-6 months, to see if anything changes (anyone wanna bet? anyone wanna buy the Brooklyn Bridge?) and I am half-tempted to sabotage by going vegetarian for a few weeks (obviously I wouldn't really, because the only person I'd be punishing is myself).

Anyway. Blarg.




No comments:

Post a Comment