11 September 2012

School daze

The young fellow is back in kindergarten, and I’m back on the bike!

The summer was spent driving him to & from distant preschool, which was maybe for the best as it was super hot and humid here—hard to breathe just standing still, I’m sure I would have been wheezing and clutching my chest if I’d had any kind of real exertion. The evening swims were just the right kind of exercise for the weather.

Now though, due to a childcare nightmare (isn’t it always the way), I find myself on the bike a lot. I ride to & from work, and on two days a week, I spend lunch hours riding to the kiddo’s school, riding him over to his afternoon minder, then back to work, and then I pick him up on the bike after work, we ride to the library or wherever, then home.

I encourage him to pedal too, but really I do all the work! Sigh. It’s better for me, though.

I am pleased to say I managed to get some dinners & lunches made and put in the freezer, including a great kale/white bean/sausage/tomato soup, which is great. Today’s lunch was leftover black bean/corn/avocado/tomato salad. yum. And I’m back on the take-2-pieces-of-fruit-to-work track, also good.

Next challenge: get running! Got my shoes, got a schedule where I can fit it in, Now I just need to get on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment