21 August 2012

Back at it after ten days away

Well, after ten days at the cottage and one on set, I am back to the daily grind. And a sinus headache. I was sick before we went away, and felt blecch again on our return, so I figure it has to be allergies. I’ve started taking cetirizine again, which seems to be helping.

Our time away was filled with all sorts of treats. I made three batches of cookies at the cottagenot counting the brownies and shortbread I made before we left townas well as peach pie, marshmallows, pancakes for breakfast on at least four occasions, and other treaty stuff like popcorn with melted butter. Yum. There was also a fair amount of time spent relaxing with books and knitting.

But we did also eat a fair amount of healthy stuff: fruit, veg, and meat purchased from farm stalls. And, went swimming and for hikes and even a (short) canoe trip.

So, maybe it all evened out? I certainly have no intention to go back in time and try to track my input & output. But my first day back is looking pretty good nutrition-wise:



And I remembered my vitamins!

2 comments:

  1. I hope you succeed in solving your allergies problems.
    Healthy food is very important for our life: maybe this the only lesson I have learned as a (former) runner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my allergies are to pollen & stuff in the air, not what i eat - i am very lucky that way!! i think the only thing to do is remember when the bad times are pollen-wise, and start taking allergy meds before the pollen hits.

    ReplyDelete