28 September 2012

c25k week 1: aka I did it!!

I did it!

Instead of just procrastinating, I did it.

I had trouble sleeping last night and was lying in bed, tossing and turning, and finally I looked at the clock—5:42. so I got up, put on my jogging pants and runners, and went out there.

Didn’t follow the official c25k plan for a first run, as I’ve run before, and I also knew that if I took the time to look it up, I’d be done. I’d be sitting at the computer, and then it would suddenly be 7 o’clock and I’d have to make breakfast for my son. I just looked at the official plan now, and you’re supposed to have a warm-up walk that lasts a full 5 minutes, which I didn’t do. I walked to the end of our street, then ran 2 blocks, then walked crossing the street, then ran a couple more blocks, etc. All in all, 6 chunks of running, a small amount of walking, 2km over 20 minutes.

Amazingly my left foot feels fine, while my right foot felt a little funny. Hope I wasn’t favouring the left. I didn’t even think of it till I was almost home. We’ll see how they feel tomorrow.

Next time I will wear my bright yellow shell instead of a dark grey one though. I must have been invisible in the dark!

ETA: I just checked the c25k plan and what I did was more like week 4. Can I skip ahead?

And now I must stretch!

No comments:

Post a Comment