19 June 2012

It’s amazing

How keeping up with the blog and maintaining good diet/exercise habits go hand in hand. I don’t know which inspires which, but I certainly need to make more of an effort with both!

So this morning I did 20 sit-ups, remembered my supplements, replaced the brake pads on my bike, and rode to work. Whoo! Oh, and instead of grabbing a coffee when I got to the office, I filled my water bottle.

Had a healthy lunch yesterday (green salad, organic swiss cheese, cherries, carrots, and an orange) and will have a similar lunch today (except an apple instead of an orange). Should get more variety I suppose, but it’s a challenge grocery-wise.

Another challenge is this weatherhot & humid. It’s meant to be like this all week, then cool off a bit on the weekend. looking forward to thatI find I get short of breath quite a bit in this weather.

Next step will be buying some new sneakers. I don’t even know where to beginwhat brands are good/bad? I’m concerned as much about the ethics of the company as performanceactually I’m not really concerned with “performance” at all so much as support. My foot has been sore a lot latelydue I think to walking more in inappropriate shoes, and then favouring it. I need a bit of a heel, not a lot, but I tend to feel like my foot is being bent upwards, if that makes any sense. I would assume that is related to the soft tissue damage? Who knows...

No comments:

Post a Comment