06 February 2024

The cough.

My cough. My doctor once told me they could tell I was in the waiting room because they recognized my cough. And yet, they never really did anything about it... oh I had all those inhalers on my foray through asthma but the cough never went away and I just accepted it.

Well, I recently saw a pitch for clinical trials of a medicine for chronic cough, and thought—sign me up!

So I’m starting that process. Part one is Rule Things Out. Which is to say, in an interview with a doctor during which I tried to remember all the inhalers I tried, they asked, “What about reflux?” Well, my regular doc brought it up once as a possibility, sort of floated the idea and let it hang in the air and then moved on to something else and never tested the theory. 

So, now we’re testing the theory.

I started taking meds for GERD (I forget the name, and it’s late so I’m too tired to go look at the bottle) last night, one pill a day, half an hour before dinner. Yesterday I thought, was this better? Tonight I was at the theatre, so of course I extra hate it when I have the urge to cough at the theatre, and yep, it hit me. 

Maybe the meds are something you need to take for a while to know if they work? I will try to remember to look it up tomorrow. Meanwhile I’m keeping track here because otherwise I won’t remember (did my cough getter better while I was on the gastritis diet last summer? I don’t remember). So expect a lot of boring cough reports, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment