12 June 2023

Restless

Restless leg, that is.

The good thing about restless leg syndrome (RLS) is that it’s an easy to spot early sign of iron deficiency. 

The bad thing is that it makes it really difficult to sleep. 

I haven’t taken any supplements since my gastro bug started last week, especially the iron which is famously hard on the stomach. And my diet has been straight bland carbs, for the most part. So right now I’m experiencing a kind of malnutrition hangover. 

So, I’m trying to gently reintroduce normal food. Boiled eggs for breakfast on Friday made me feel almost human again. Coffee on Saturday put me back in the loo for much of the day. Last night after a day of mainly crackers I tried our usual Sunday stir fry (chicken, broccoli, yellow pepper) and it seemed to be okay. Today I tried my usual Monday breakfast (fried egg, blood pudding, toast, coffee) and I am writing from the toilet. 

I can’t wait to be normal again!

No comments:

Post a Comment