18 May 2022

On a happier note

I joined a cycling club this spring!

I did a fair few solo rides last summer, and some rides with a guy who is no longer part of my life (the usual “I’m not ready for a relationship” until he ghosted me and got serious with one of the other people he was dating). This year I decided to get proactive about different routes and different people! Last night was my first group ride, and it was a pretty good warm-up. I researched a bunch of different clubs, and some seemed really... aimed at douchey gearhead snobs. This one bills itself as “the city’s friendliest club” which is more my mood. 


I also joined a Meetup group that does “BYOBicycle” rides on a fairly regular basis, as well as other social events. Hoping for a fun summer with lots of cycling ahead. Definitely prefer it to running!


No comments:

Post a Comment