18 April 2022

3 weeks to go!

 That 10k is just around the corner!

It's been an incredibly stressful time here, as my kid is off to a third world country for two weeks just as the pandemic is ramping up again, and with a war on. Thank goodness they aren't changing planes in Europe st least. All of the vaccines were procured and prophylactic medications taken (if anti vaxxers think covid is rough, I guess they've never travelled internationally?)

But I am trying to make the most of it. No excuse not to run mornings if I'm not chasing him off to school, no reason not to mix up my food habits if he isn't tempting me with pringles and ice cream.

So, I have decided to make an effort to eat less bread (after an Easter weekend of panettone and hot crossed buns), and try 16:8 intermittent fasting. I've done 2:5 before, and it was good for me once I got into it, but easy to say, "this week I can't because..." 

But again, I'm alone now, no excuses. If nothing else it will stop the late night run to the corner store for treats. 

I also got a free week of Hello Fresh deliveries, so starting that today. It's 3 meals for 2, so 6 meals for me. Tonight is spinach salad with blackened barramundi (for all the hot sauce and cajun spice, it was very bland). A lot of the choices were super stodgy (cheesey mashed potatoes, rice, pasta) which is certainly a cheap way for them to fill up the box, but I'm trying something different so chose "carb smart" options. Wasn't very impressed with the menu options generally, though. We'll see. It's free and it's different anyway. 

Spinach salad with blackened barramundi

In other news, I have kept up with doing 15 minute mini workout sessions 4 times a week since signing up for a Strava challenge about 6 weeks ago. So that is something? And I had a good no-walk-breaks 5k last week. 

And I've got some friends to commit to reminding me to take my vitamins since I forget when the kid isn't here. And friends to hang out with. The pandemic has been really lonely for me, and not having my kid makes it harder. I'm fostering a semi-feral cat, so not 100% alone, but the cat doesn't talk much. 

Hoping for a good two weeks and not just moping missing my kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment