12 July 2013

Oh, weather!

The weather has been crazy here latelymassively muggy, torrential rains. Our street turned into a river, and we were without power on a few occasions! The weather problem is two-fold: I find it difficult to exercise when it’s too hot and humid, and I find it very difficult to breathe. I feel like I am constantly short of breath! And sometimes get a sharp pain through my chest.

All of which reminds me of all the appointments I had a few years ago, when I was on inhalers, and going for pulmonary function tests, and all of that. I do not want to do that again! In part because the whole adventure seemed largely uselessthe humidity seems to trigger the breathing problems, but if I went to my doctor about it now, I’d probably end up with an appointment in the fall when my breathing wouldn’t be so bad anyway. So I really can’t be bothered.

In any case, a cold front moved in the night before last, so the air is a little fresher now. I went swimming last night for an hour, and this morning did 20 situps and had a brisk walk to work! I hope the weather stays just as it is right now. This is what I call perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment