08 September 2022

A new thing

So all my life I’ve wanted to learn to dance like Ginger Rogers.

A while ago I noticed that a dance studio had moved into my neighbourhood. I looked them up online, and lo and behold, they have Absolute Beginner tap lessons! Guess what I started tonight!

My first observation is that my balance is lousy. Not so bad standing on my right foot, but quite wobbly standing on my left foot. I’m guessing in part because my left foot is the one I broke a few years ago, and my left calf is still smaller than the right, all these years later (maybe not as bad as it was).

My second observation is that seeing myself in a mirror in public is hard. I just look so stumpy and awful. And like a trainwreck, it’s hard to look away. Ugh. Hoping as I build some skills and grace, some confidence will come along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment